- SQL, including complex T-SQL queries, SSIS and SSRS
- QlikView and Qlik Sense See me talk about Statistical Process Control in Qlik
- Extensive experience of using data for Quality Improvement, particularly the use of run charts and Statistical Process Control
- Excel Dashboards / Advanced Excel & VBA
- PowerBI. I built the first draft of my organisation’s internal Covid-19 Vaccination dashboard several weeks after completing a Udemy course in my spare time. This was used operationally to plan vaccine stock requirements for GP Practices across Highland.
Dabbling / future plans:
- Data Science at the Command Line (working through second edition on Linux)
- Julia (reading about some basics, not tried coding yet)
Please do get in touch if you have any comments - I really appreciate hearing from readers and feedback provides encouragement to keep going.
Email: johnmackintosh dot jm at gmail dot com
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-mackintosh-inv
Twitter : @_johnmackintosh
Data analyst keen on using modern data science methods and tools in the NHS.
Former spreadsheet user, experienced with SQL and now a passionate R advocate. If you have enjoyed any of this content, please let me know :)